Is a B2B 3PL right for your business?
As any company with a business-to-business model knows, B2B logistics can be trickier and more complicated than consumer-directed shipments. When you are shipping B2B versus B2C, there are generally more guidelines, regulations and restrictions to be aware of and adhere to.
Besides the regulatory side of things, B2B logistics can often involve higher shipping volumes than B2C, and frequently include large, hazardous or irregularly shaped shipments that need extra care and consideration.
This all boils down to a simple premise: if your business ships primarily to other businesses, one of the best ways to manage the ins and outs of your B2B shipping is to partner with a third-party logistics company (3PL). So, what are the key benefits of using a 3PL for your B2B logistics solutions, and how do you select the right one for your business?
What are the benefits of a B2B 3PL?
Joining forces with the right 3PL puts a world of B2B logistics solutions at your fingertips. 3PLs with the right experience, carrier access and relationships are ideally positioned to help you navigate all the unique shipping requirements and potential trouble areas of B2B shipping.
You can leverage the right B2B 3PL to help your business:
- Quickly scale between service types. Agility and adaptability are vital when it comes to B2B logistics, and a 3PL can vastly improve your shipping management processes. When you need to jump between a high volume of small packages and large freight orders, or coordinate any other combination of large and small shipments and speeds, a 3PL can keep everything organized and flowing.
- Easily manage inbound and outbound shipping. If your small or midsized business is like most others, there's a steady stream of shipments coming and going on a regular basis. A solid 3PL partner is equally adept at managing inbound and outbound shipments, and keeps your shipping processes simple and streamlined while giving you complete oversight and control.
- Excel at one-off or recurring services. Some of your business customers may need regular daily, weekly or monthly shipments, and other clients may need their deliveries on a much less predictable schedule. Your 3PL partner can help you easily manage the shipping cadences for any and all of your B2B shipments, helping to ensure satisfied and loyal customers whose expectations are constantly being met.
- Succeed at reverse logistics. Returned products can either be a massive source of revenue drain, or a potential area to extract great value from. It all depends on the strategy and success of your reverse logistics operations. Experienced 3PLs are well-versed in going in reverse, and know the best ways to minimize the costs and maximize the recovered revenue from returned products.
- Handle hazardous materials. With so many regulations and requirements surrounding the packaging, handling and shipping of hazardous materials, it's always a great idea to involve a professional. A great 3PL will have lots of experience navigating these tricky waters, and can help ensure your business is on the right side of safety, the law and carrier rules when it comes to hazardous items.
Which B2B 3PL is right for me?
Having been briefed on the many advantages of having a B2B 3PL at your back, how do you now choose the right partner? You should look for a 3PL with experience, integrity and a track record of customer success.
At Worldwide Express, we've spent more than 25 years handling B2B logistics for tens of thousands of businesses like yours all over the country. We specialize in helping small to mid-sized companies get the most out of their shipping experience through our unmatched combination of carrier relationships, industry expertise, sophisticated technology, unbeatable rates and personalized service.
To learn more about how Worldwide Express can take your B2B shipping to the next level, schedule a complimentary, custom shipping consultation with our experts today!